jeudi 23 avril 2020

A PIECE OF JAPAN IN PARIS : TOMO AND MAISON SATO


Hello my lovelies,

I have always been a food addict, and in my last job I was nearby the Japanese district. Lovely, and I discovered so many cool places to shop and eat.





One of them is a tea place named Tomo, it's a tea and pastry shop where you can enjoy delicious Dorayaki, Japanese cheesecake (sometimes), and tea (of course).
Since the lockdown I was a bit sad not to enjoy this place anymore. The owner is very nice and I know it's hard for a small business like this to stay alive. 
But on Instagram they organized themselves to deliver at home those delicateness. I was so happy, plus it's vegan.

I ordered some wagashi, for a decent amount of money you gonna get so many delicious stuff, plus you help a small business. 



Inside the package you will get : 

-1 Ichigo Daifuku : fresh strawberry with "anko" paste (my favorite)

-1 Sakura Mochi: crunched rice with "anko" paste covered with a real Sakura" leaf (a bit salty) : not my fav but it was interesting to try.

-1 Warabi Mochi : a jelly-like confection made from Bracken starch and covered or dipped in kinako (sweet toasted soybean flour). It differs from true mochi made from glutinous rice

-1 Ohagi 

-1 Ohagi « kinako ».



I was so thrilled to try and taste everything. It was packed perfectly and everything arrived in the beautiful "Tomo" bag. I invite you to try this place if you are visiting Paris one day. And for the Parisians I invite you to go on Tomo's instagram to see all the delivery instructions.


I wanted to shoot those little pieces of art in my new Japanese plates I bought on Maison Sato's website. Another beautiful business I wanted to present you here.
I discovered it on Instagram, on the e-shop you can purchase so many beautiful vintage Japanese goodies. I saw a vintage Tea pot that I want so bad. For my first order, I took two plates, and rice bowls. Everything was safely packed in Japanese local papers (loved the idea of recycling). The owner is very nice and respond quickly if you have any questions.

I saw some stunning fans but I did order another one that I will present you soon.



Stunning isn't it? 

And you, are you supporting small and local businesses during this lockdown crisis ?

XOXO

đź’‹

JULIE R&P
SHARE:

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig