lundi 20 avril 2020

FOOD : VEGAN BRIOCHE


Hello my lovelies,

What's for breakfast on your table on Sunday mornings? For me it's brioche, I love that. But it's not the healthiest thing in the world. I tried many "vegan" versions and one really worked perfectly .
Again this recipe is not mine but I changed it a bit.
You can find my inspiration on "la ligne gourmande" blog. Again she is a master when it comes to vegan delicateness.





It's pretty simple, you gonna need:

- 7 g of dehydrated yeast
- 260 ml of almond milk
- 500 g of flour (plus more for dusting)
- 70 g of dates sweetener 
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract 
- 2 tsp of orange blossom water or rhum
- salt
- 100 g of vegan butter (I use this one
- 50 g of apple sauce 



How to :


I always begin by making my yeast alive, and foamy. You warm up to body temperature your milk with the vanilla sugar.
Add on top the yeast, mix gently and wait for 10 minutes, you will see a lot of foam. If not try again because that means your yeast is dead.

During those precious 10 minutes prep in a mixing bowl your flour, sugar, salt, mix well.

Add on top the apple sauce, vanilla extract, orange blossom water, vegan butter at room temperature.

And at the end the milky yeast mixture.

Knead the dough until everything is combined and your dough doesn't stick much. Add more flour if needed.

Form a ball of dough, put this baby to rise in an oiled bowl nearby a warm place.

For me it' my oven at 35 degrees with a hot water bowl. Always put a clean towel on top of the bowl.

Let the dough  rise for 2 hours. After this time, time to shape your dough on a clean and floured surface. I did 3 balls of dough but I am not mastering the brioche breading honestly.
Go on youtube for shaping ideas and tutorials. Put the brioche in a safe oven dish of you choice.

Let the brioche rise for one hour in a warm environment (key to a big brioche).

Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and time to bake this big brioche for 25 minutes. Before putting it into the oven I brushed it with soy cream to have this lovely shiny effect on top.

Let your piece of art rest and you can enjoy a slice all by itself or with vegan homemade peanut butter.






Just made a batch of peanut and roasted almond butter also that day. I love that, so easy to do if you have the right equipment. Will post the recipe of my vegan peanut butter cookies I have made with my homemade butter. Stay tuned.


What do you think? 

Honestly this is easy and effortless, We are at home so take the time to try this recipe. 
You won't regret it.


xoxo

đź’‹

JULIE P&R


SHARE:

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig