lundi 20 avril 2020

FOOD : SOFT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (VEGAN)


Hello my little foodies addicts,

Since I got a lot of time to spend in my kitchen I tend to bake and cook more. Processed food is so bad, and that's my secret to stay in shape. I stopped overeating and I cook all my meals.
And when I was eating at work I was using a food delivery service with healthy choices ("Frichti" if you are curious).
Anyways, I was craving chocolate chips cookies with this peanut butter twist I love so much. Time to bake.





One morning I was so full of energy I baked cookies, a brioche and made peanut and roasted almond butter (everything was vegan of course)
I am well organized so it's pretty easy for me, plus I do that for years (since I am 14 years old I can cook myself).



For the cookies you will need :

- 1/2 cup of peanut butter 
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of dates sweetener (or cane sugar)
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (that will give a soft texture to your cookies)
- 1/4 cup of apple sauce
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- salt
- vanilla extract 
- 1 tbsp of tapioca flour
- 1 cup of flour (more if the dough is too sticky, again all flours are not the same).
- Chocolate chips (I cut a chocolate tablet in chunks, mine is from "côte d'Or", it's vegan, organic and affordable).



How to :

Cream your butters together with the apple sauce and maple syrup

Add salt, vanilla extract, tapioca flour, baking powder, mix again until creamy.

Put the flour at the end and incorporate it until no more lumps are visible, and do not mix for too long or you gonna get hard cookies.

Add your chocolate chunks, roll the dough into a big ball and let it sit in your fridge for one hour.

Warm up your oven at 180°C and it's time to bake them. I use an ice cream scooper to make equal balls of dough, flat them gently with a fork and shape your cookie as round as possible.

Bake them for 7 to 8 minutes. Until the edges are golden brown.
Wait a few minutes when they are out of the oven before putting them on a plate. They will look uncooked but it's ok.
You can keep them in a airtight container for days.


Enjoy those with a  homemade cashew / vanilla glass of milk.


Bon appétit 

XOXO
💋
JULIE P&R
SHARE:

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig