jeudi 9 avril 2020

FOOD : VEGAN "PAIN AU CHOCOLAT"


Hello my lovely quarantine's readers, 

How are ya? Today I wanted to share with you a delicious and simple recipe if you have time to spend in the kitchen. It's vegan, and a bit guilt free compared to the more old fashioned "buttery pain au chocolat" that my stomach cannot stand anymore.



I found this recipe on a vegan food blog, she is french and talented. I changed it a bit to have more flavors in it.

I will explain in english here but for the French readers you can go here to have the original recipe

Ingredients : 
  • - 140 gr of almond milk (with a tiny bit of maple syrup)
  • - 250 gr of flour
  • - 6 gr of dehydrated yeast 
  • - 1 tablespoon of baking soda
  • - 1/4 cups of coconut sugar
  • - 1 tablespoon of olive Oil
  • - 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract 
  • - 1/2 Ts of salt
  • - 2 Tablespoons of neutral coconut oil (do not melt it)
  • - Chocolate bars
  • - 1 Ts of soy cream 
  • - 1 Ts of water mix with agave syrup

------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions : 
  1. Time to activate the yeast, warm up to a "body temperature" your almond milk with maple syrup. 
  2. Add your yeast on top, mix gently and leave it alone for 10 minutes. When you see a lot of foam that means this is good to go.
  3. Mix in a bowl your flour, coconut sugar, salt, baking powder. Put this into your robot with the knead attachment.
  4. Add your yeast mixture with the vanilla extract on top of your flour mix and knead your dough, add your olive oil.
  5. When a ball of dough is starting to form add your coconut oil (in solid form, cold is better). I did that until the oil is incorporated and the dough is not sticking to the mixing bowl. 
  6. Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes if needed. In fact for having a lot experience now with my "brioche" skills,  I can tell just by looking at my dough if this need more kneading.
  7. Let rise your dough in a clean and well oiled bowl for about 1h30 to 2 hours. I put my bowl with a plastic wrap on top in my oven at 35 C°, if you can, the heat will help your yeast be more "happy").
  8. I put the dough in my fridge over night after the first rise and get to bed.  But you can let the dough rest in your fridge for 30 minutes. Very important step to shape your dough after, so do not skip this part.
  9. Your dough is ready, time to shape it, roll it into a rectangle (30 / 40 cm) and it need to be thin. That will  help you to do your morning workout. I did shap my dough several times. Better if you want "layers" into your final "pain au chocolat".
  10. Cut your dough in rectangles and it's time to add the chocolate bars. Add one, roll it (do not "strangle" your chocolate bar), add the second one and roll it baby.
  11. Put them on a baking sheet and let them rise again in your oven (35 C°) for 45 minutes.
  12. Mix your agave syrup with the soy cream, water. Brush them with this mixture to have a lovely golden "pain au chocolat".
  13. Bake them for 15 minutes at 180 C°.
  14. Let them rest and you will have a lovely breakfast.




Will you try this recipe? The blog of this lovely lady is full of recipes I will try very soon, you can follow me on my social media to see me cook.

It's gonna be a lot of "vegan" food on my blog for now on because I really want to change my way of life. Slowly but I want to. 
What's going on in the world should really make people think about how we eat and what we are eating also.



I did ordered some French "vegan" cheese and will review them here if you are interested. I am testing a "sourdough" starter to make my own bread at home like a pro.

I always been into homemade food, buying local and I think I could become Vegan. It's a personal choice of course and I don't want to argue about that topic. I won't do propaganda, you eat what's making you happy. Your body, your choice. I just have some friends of mine who are Vegan and they are inspiring me a lot. 


Have a lovely day and stay tuned for more delicateness.

XOXO 


 JULIE R&P

SHARE:

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig