lundi 20 avril 2020

FOOD : VEGAN CREPES RECIPE


Hello everyone,

Cooking and baking is one thing I could do all day long. I've been interested by vegan recipes for culinary curiosity.
Cooking with other ingredients (healthier) always fascinates me but the result wasn't always very tasty, french "crepes" is a good exemple for that. All the vegan versions I tried weren't good and difficult to cook.
Recently I discovered "silken tofu". Doesn't seem very appealing like that but the texture of it is really interesting and the taste very neutral.
I heard that you can use it in so many recipes, it's insane, plus you can keep it a long time in your fridge (if it's not opened).
I was in search of different recipes online to please my "crepes" craving and I found the perfect one.
Seriously, even better than "regular" crepes. So good that I did a salty version of it and again it was a success.



Ingredients :

- 1 1/2 cup of almond milk (I will make my own almond milk soon)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of silken tofu
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp of tapioca flour
- salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of date sweetener (or any sweetener you want)
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder (don't skip this part)
- 1 tsp of orange tree flower water (or amber Rhum)



You add all the ingredients in the order I gave you into a blender and voila.
 Easy. Transfer your batter to a clean bowl, clean your kitchen and let it sit for 30 minutes.
Adjust with almond milk if the gluten in your flour really thickens your batter. It does happen a lot because all flours are note the same ("glutenly" speaking).

Time to cook your crepes, I cooked mine in a classic non-sticky crepes pan that I love. It does very large crepes tho.
Your mind will be blown by the texture and taste of it, even after two days they are still very good.





I did a salty version after this one. I will publish the recipe soon so stay tuned.
Just be sure to get silken Tofu and buckwheat flour, it's my secret ingredient. I will try a Vegan Japanese cheesecake with silken tofu also, found a recipe online that I want to test. I will let you know if it was a disaster on my social media.

I wish you a good cooking session and try to flip your crepes, it's so fun.

XOXO

JULIE P&R
SHARE:

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig