jeudi 10 août 2017

FAMILY WEEK-END : THE DEER'S FOREST



Hello,

My lovely mom invited us to Center Parcs and I suggested to go to the newest parc which opened two years ago : "le bois aux daims" (the deer's forest). My cousin was coming back from Korea, and she had a few days left before taking a train back home. So we went all together and it was a very amazing week-end.



This parc is dedicated to animals and nature conservation. Deer and other animals are free to walk among us and we are the guests into the forest. This parc is truly magical, I saw so much deers and ducks, my son was so thrilled (so was I).





We've done some activities during our stay and one of my favorite was to take pictures of beautiful foxes. 
My mom took a lot of very good shots too (passion for photography is running into the family). This activity is more for grown-ups, my son was not really into observation.

In the Parc there is a special place where you can observe foxes and take some pictures but there is limited space and you can only see them in the morning. 
The lady who was taking care of them told us that those foxes played in movies but they are not domesticable at all.
It took her a year to approach them and feed them by hand every day, they are not puppies. 
Foxes are shy so to take good shots you need to be quiet and stay still. They were tolerating us but that's all. We were less than ten people. Sometimes, someone moved and they were looking at us so deeply.
I took pics of them jumping on their preys, the lady explained it's a technic to knock out the mouse so he can eat it (lovely I know). Sometimes when a mouse isn't very tasteful they dig a hole and put it away. I learned a lot during this hour about them. 
It was a very amazing moment for me to observe one of my favorite animal. 

Here is the result of my observation (all the pics are mine) :





Jumping on a mousse


I love the face on this one (so evil) 





One of my favorite shots

My son had a blast and has done so many fun stuff like riding a poney, being a real pirate, learning how to swim and he wanted to go on a boat (so we rented one). it's easy to drive  but funny because you need to really anticipate your moves. We crossed the path of ducks (I was afraid to hurt them with the boat, but they are accustomed to this). 
In the Parc you can see some real tree houses, these are cottages where you can stay. One day I will rent one just for fun. 











Everything was so great and peaceful, our cottage was quiet and the garden full of beautiful flowers (my dog enjoyed that part).

The only bad thing I can say about this place is the amount of bicycles, sometimes it was a bit dangerous. I think they need to put some bicycles interdictions on the walking paths so that everybody could walk safely. 

Despite this I highly recommand you this place if you can go, it's truly a beautiful place for animal lovers and families.

XO 

Julie 








SHARE:

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig